Personal Injury Lawyer in Fort Lee >> FAQ - Car Accident Attorney

FAQ – Automobile Accident Cases

If I am involved in an accident, who pays for my car to be fixed?
If the other driver is at fault for causing the accident, you may elect to have His/her insurance company pay for your property damages. You might elect to do so if you do not have insurance coverage protecting your vehicle for property damage, and to ensure that you do not have to pay a deductible to the auto body shop that will repair the car.
Who will pay my medical expenses if I am injured?
Your auto insurer should pay for your medical expenses. New Jersey law provides for Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits to pay your medical expenses in the event of an accident. Check your insurance Declarations Page to see the amount of coverage that you chose when you purchased your policy. Most NJ policies provide for up to $250,000 worth of coverage for medical expenses.
What should I do if I am involved in an accident?
You should contact your insurance company or insurance agent to report the accident. A claim number will be established with the insurer to handle all of the many things that need to be done. You should also make certain that a police report is prepared, and obtain a copy of that report from the Police to ensure that it correctly records the way the accident happened. Your insurance company and attorney will also need to see that Police report.
Can I get a rental vehicle while my car is being fixed?
Check your insurance policy, and speak with your motor vehicle accidents attorneys and insurance agent, to determine you right to a rental vehicle free of charge. Many insurance policies provide this type of coverage.
What documents will my attorney need to see in order to help answer my questions about my accident?
You should gather together a copy of the Police report of the accident, your insurance policy Declarations page, your Drivers License, any health insurance card that may provide additional benefits, photographs of the damage to your car, any letters that you may received from your insurer or the other auto's insurer, and copies of your recent pay stubs to show your income in the event you may miss time from work.
If I do miss time from work, am I allowed to make a claim for lost wages?
Yes, each policy of insurance provides a Loss of Income section. When you purchased your insurance, you made an election of how much money you would be entitled to claim for lost income. Your auto insurer will pay you for time lost from work if you can prove that you were out of work due to your injuries from an accident, and you can prove your income level.
Should I take photos of the damage to my car?
Yes. Photos are extremely helpful when it comes to auto accidents and should be taken as soon as possible.

Contact our law firm today online or by telephone at 201 346-3800 to speak with an experienced New Jersey car accident lawyer. Free Consultation, and we don't get paid until you do.

Free Case Evaluation
E-Mail an Attorney Now

Use the form below for a quick case evaluation inquiry. For sensitive inquiries, please call us directly.

Our Practice Areas
Hold mouse over item to view sub-categories